Skip to main content

pro·cras·ti·nate

To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness.  To postpone or delay needlessly.

Why? Why do we do this to our selves? I do it. Way too often.  For example: at work we each are assigned 3 units to detail each month.  Yes these trucks get cleaned and washed every 12 hour shift.  But to be sure they are really clean we detail them.  They give us the whole month to do this but me, well I always seem to wait to do mine until the very last few days of the month and then I am working like crazy to get them done(and yes I got them done for this month).  whew, Im tired just thinking about all that work.
So why is it I always put it off til the very last moment. There has to be some reason...but you know I would bet everyone I know does it. That's right even you :)
So what do I do to fix this? There are so many things in my life that need tending to, is it really that big a deal that I do this, it isn't hurting anyone is it? no of course not. (well except me when I have to rush to get stuff done) But hey thats when I get all my best stuff done...like that blanket that needs go be done for Steph oh and that sock monkey I am working on for Jason's birthday(which was Friday. oops...) or the...well as you can see my list of things to finish is longer than I want to think about today, maybe I will finish some of those things this weekend.  Or maybe next weekend...anyway.  I bring this up because it is one of the things about myself I would like to improve on.  This is something I can fix, with time and effort...maybe I'll start on that tomorrow  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...