Skip to main content

Get out and VOTE!

Ok your choice may not be the same as mine, but no matter what you choose you should take yourself out to the polling place and let your voice be heard.

Never really thought much about how my vote mattered in the grand scheme of things until 16 years ago when my uncle began his first race for Osage county commissioner.   Getting out all those weekends walking the hilly neighborhoods of Osage county some weekend hot as fire(July) and other weenends pretty cold(November of course) just to wait until voting day to see what the people decide (praying all your time did its job)
It has now been 16 years 4 terms and we are doing it all again. Tomorrow is voting day and we will be gathered with the rest of our family and friends supporting a great county commissioner (& uncle) holding our breath until the last vote has been cast and counted.  It has been pretty close in the past which is what taught me that no matter how insignificant I think my one single vote is it still counts.  

So with all this rambling if you take nothing else away please take this.

     Tomorrow November 6, 2012 GO VOTE!

Gather up your friends and neighbors carpool (heck go for ice cream after to celebrate your right to vote) but get out there and do your part. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...