Skip to main content

Super sweet scrub

So the picture isn't the best, you're not looking at a wonderful back drop or perfectly packaged product for this jar of sugar scrub.  But what you are looking at is a simply wonderful homemade sugar body scrub.  I am guilty of spending more than my share of time on the ever growing in popularity website craze "Pinterest" just looking and pinning, pinning, pinning.  I asked myself some time last week "what is the point in this if I don't try some of the things I am pinning."  So yesterday I found this recipe for a sugar body scrub, it helps take off  dry dead skin and it hydrates as well.
Now I know we haven't been hit with a bad winter (yet) but the air has been terribly dry and my skin is really suffering all dry and itchy.  My hands have gotten so bad that they were starting to crack and bleed around my cuticles.  So I made this scrub last night before taking my shower.  Here is what I did:

Mix 1/3 cup of each in a bowl
Brown sugar
Regular white sugar
Olive oil
2 TBS vanilla extract (to make it smell awesome)

After all mixed together well I put mine into a jar (we have tons of empties left from making jelly this last summer)  took it to the shower with me while standing in the shower so there wouldn't be a mess in the bathroom floor scrubbed it all over my arms and legs and paid special attention to my hands.
At first I was thinking "oh no this is not good.  It felt thick and oily (olive oil does that ya know) I was sure it wouldn't work.  I continued with my shower (washing like normal) and got out to dry off...guess what my skin felt AMAZING!!  It worked and I didn't have to spend tons of money on some high priced store bought product.  I had everything I needed right there in my kitchen cabinets. 
I love it and will be making more to have on hand for the rest of our dry winter because even though it's almost February we are no where near the end of winter here in Oklahoma.
Get in the kitchen and mix some up today...then come back here and let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading, have a great day.  :)

ps. Giveaway instructions coming your way tomorrow so come back & see what you need to do to get your name in the drawing.

Comments

  1. This is one of those things you make extra of and share with your friends, hint hint...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...