Skip to main content

A gift for a friend


So at Christmas I was having a hard time finding just the right gift for Stephanee.  I don't know why it was so difficult, but I couldn't find anything I thought she would enjoy.  So I went to texting her:

me-what do you want for Christmas?
steph-nothing
me-whatever
me-there has to be something you want
steph-a quilt
me-bahahaha
me-it's 3 days til Christmas there is no way I can make a quilt by then
steph-but you could start one

Ok so she had me there.  So for Christmas 2011 Stephanee is getting a handmade "tammyc" quilt.
I let her pick the pattern (hoping she would pick something easy, it's been a while) and we went to the store and bought all the fabric needed to complete this task.
It is all cut and ready to sew.  She is even helping me with her gift.  She pressed all the fabric after washing it.  I done the cutting and she is putting the colors in the order she likes them best. 
Maybe before the end of January she will have a Christmas gift.

What importance is this in my goal to be more fugal well I didn't spend unnecessary money on a gift that wouldn't be loved...and in the process of getting all my things out to start her quilt I found lots of things I had started and not finished, and that goes back to using what you have instead of buying more.  I have some projects to work on and when finished I am going to try and sell them for some extra cash for the family.  And this has really sparked my desire to return to quilting.  So a big thank you to Stephanee for asking me to do this for her.
I'll post a picture for you when I'm done.

Have a great evening

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...