Skip to main content

How 'bout some popcorn


Yes, I believe I will...
...never buy store bought microwave popcorn again that is.
This was another "Pinterest" find and I must say I had my doubts yet again.  But of course IT WORKED!
~~~~
All you need is:

1 plain brown paper lunch bag
1/4 cup regular popping corn

~Fold the bag over at the top twice and tape it shut.
~Lay it in the microwave and turn it on for 2 minutes or until you hear that the popping has slowed to about 1 pop every 3-5 seconds.
~Remove from the microwave and add any topping you choose and enjoy right there out of the bag. 
No mess no dirty dishes (unless you melt butter) 
The above instructions are for one serving, if you have 2, 3, 4, 5...people wanting popcorn they that's how many times you will have to run through the steps, but it is so much better than the stuff we have all been buying from the store it really is worth it.
~~~~
I added about 3 teaspoons of butter and sprinkled some salt held the bag shut and gave it a good shake.  Turned out super delicious and it makes just the right amount.
My girls didn't even add butter, we had some popcorn seasonings in the cabinet that we had forgotten about and they just sprinkled that stuff on it.
Turns out my girls like popcorn without all the greasy nasty junk that the store bought stuff comes with. 
One more small step to being a little be more aware of what is going into our bodies and what isn't leaving out wallets.
This project gets a thumbs up from the Corley girls this week.
Give it a try and come back here and let me know how it went for you.

Next I will be trying the "best stain remover"  Caprice said it is amazing so I want to try it.  Heaven knows with 2 kids a husband and an indoor dog we have a few stains that need "removed" 

Keep coming back to see what crazy things I will be trying next.

*****Also don't forget*****
1YR BLOG-A-VERSARY GIVEAWAY
Read this post for details


Thanks for reading, enjoy your weekend.

Comments

  1. Popcorn is always a hit at our house. We loved having you link up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday!” We hope to see you back next Saturday with more fun ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...