Skip to main content

Flashback Friday



Yes flashback Friday because we had company over last night and I totally forgot that it was Thursday and I didn't get my throwback post up here for you all to laugh at.
I can't tell you the year this picture was taken, what I can tell is that it was the fall.  I know this because that is part of a deer Stephen is cutting up that Val is so proudly holding up.
This photo makes remember my dad bringing home a deer after his long day out hunting and how I wanted to "help" him cut it up.  Don't ask me why because I don't really know and I am absolutely sure that I was next to no help at all.  But I remember I thought it was awesome.  So it warms my heart to see my girls spending this time with their own daddy.  They have been "helping" him for years now.  Well Val has anyway.  I only recall Britt really helping when it was the deer she shot, she would rather be playing or anything else besides cleaning a deer (as you can see her here with her silly face for the camera)  Val on the other hand always wants to help.  I have pictures from this past fall of her and Stephen both working on one.  He is showing her how to really help.  I'll have to post about it sometime.  It is cute how they are working together.  I love how he has never let them being girls get in his way of showing them how to do something.  Rather it be cutting up a deer, hunting, fishing or even working on a car.  He is a pretty fantastic dad and I don't think he has ever thought twice about not having a son.  And why would he because with our girls he has the best of both worlds...a couple of daddy's girls that think he hung the moon and some girls that like to do all those outdoor (boy) activities with him.  They are all three pretty great we have our moments when we would like to kill each other but together we have tons of fun as a family too and I wouldn't trade this bunch for anything.

Thanks for reading today and who knows if next week you will see a throwback Thursday or a flashback Friday.  I always have such good intentions to post on a more regular basis, but then life gets in the way and I forget to make time.  Oh well.  Keeping it simple and posting when I remember it.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Love you all.
tammy c

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness that is some flashback friday for sure!!! Love the picture, don't they just looks so inocent.... priceless thanks for posting!!! Aunt T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...