Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday!

Yes you read that right.  I am writing another throwback thursday.  I was reminded how much I miss writing.  I got a text today and all it said was "I miss throwback thursday"  my reply was I miss blogging and that I would see what I could come up with.  So here it is. I hope it meets expectations and puts a smile on your face.
I chose this photo because it is getting close to my Valories 17th birthday and well look at how much that dark haired chubby cheek baby girl has changed.  And the sweet little red headed cutie means just as much to me as my own girls (I can't believe she is already 20, man I'm getting old). 
This was shortly after Val was born and since day one has been pretty much spoiled by Miss Nikki. 
Its hard to believe this was taken 17 years ago heck it seems like just yesterday when Nanny brought Nikki home from the hospital.   She was so sweet, another little sister that I never had (Cathy Jo was the other)  I had spent so much time with Nanny and Mikey growing up that it seemed like second nature to feel like their daughters were my sisters.  The feelings just seem to trickle down because they treat my girls like sisters and Kashly looks up to my Britt like any little sister would.
I love having a great circle of aunts and cousins for my girls (& I) to look up to.
I've heard it said that "it takes a village to raise a child" and if you know my family you know that we have a pretty good "village" of people for helping us out one way or another. 

I know this was a short one, but its past bed time and it took me forever this evening to find a photo good enough to be called a throwback. 

I love hearing from you all so comment, email, call or text anytime the mood strikes.  I have a few good stories I need to get on this blog so keep checking back for a good laugh (or maybe even a tear or two)

I love you all!
Thanks for reading.

tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...