Skip to main content

Where dreams come from

Most people would say the middle of the night while you're sleeping.  And yeah, I kind of agree with that except I don't sleep during the middle of the night very often due to work so sometimes dreams come from the middle of the night while you are trying to keep yourself awake to keep your night schedule going.  Just the other night I was staying up so that I would be able to sleep during the day before work and was flipping through the TV struggling to stay awake when I came across the very tail end of a movie called Wild  it has Reese Witherspoon in it.  It's about a woman who felt her life was crumbling around her and she decided to hike alone to clear her head and find herself (well at least I think.  It was just the end of the movie so I'm not too sure.)
Thanks to google I have learned that this movie was based on a true story that was written by Cheryl Strayed.  My long time rule is that if a movie is based on a book you must first read the book (my girls hate that rule and are now old enough to break I'm pretty sure they do too) I love reading and I have not found a movie that was better than the book yet.  It just doesn't happen.  The book is always better.  Trust me...ALWAYS.
So thanks to the world at my fingertips I went right to amazon and ordered the book "Wild  From lost to found on the Pacific Crest Trail"  By Cheryl Strayed.
I cannot explain it but just the tail end of a movie that I had never even heard of has sparked something inside me.  I've done more reading and research on hiking in the last 3 days than I have my whole life.  I can't wait to read this new book (and the other book I bought that night Oklahoma Hiking Trails) and see where the spark spreads.
I do know one thing for certain...I think I'll take a hike☺

When was the last time you did something for the very first time?

Thanks for reading.

always,
tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...