Skip to main content

Cookies in the Sewing Tin.



I work for an ambulance company and my department is responsible for cleaning out the ambulances after the crews end their 12 hour shift.  Medics & EMTs are notorious for forgetting things on the trucks and nothing really surprises me anymore.  Today when I got to work this tin was sitting on the counter and honestly my first thought was "Why are there Christmas cookies when we haven't even had Halloween yet?"  I inquired about the tin, who do they belong to, where did they come from and what have you, even opened to verify that it did in fact have cookies in it.  Because let's be real, how many times have you opened a tin like this hoping to find cookies but was disappointed to find something other than cookies?  I laughed and made a comment about how there were actually cookies still inside.  Manny (a co-worker) said that another co-worker brought the tin in from a truck and when he left it asked "Who put cookies in the sewing tin?"
I don't know why I found this funny and worth sharing but I cracked up laughing.  Mostly because growing up I know my own mom & grandma had some of these tins filled with sewing stuff or buttons.  I would bet that most of you had a grandma or mom that had a tin with that sort of stuff in it instead of cookies as well.  
What all did you find inside when you have came across one of these cookie tins?  I would love to hear about all the treasures these pretty little tins have held.  

Also, can someone explain why I have been feeling so darn nostalgic these days?  Geez.

You can find me on Instagram @a_junebug_  or my quilting page @twistedchicksquilts
You can leave your comments below or over there on one of my pages.  

Thanks for reading my random thoughts.

Have a great week!

always
tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...