Skip to main content

Its the little things that mean the most

For me from sweet little Nathan
This picture is of a gift from Jason's little boy Nathan.  He is the sweetest little guy.  He bought all of "the girls" gifts this year, now will I ever wear the butterfly hair clips, no probably not.  Did I show him in any way that they weren't the greatest thing since sliced bread absolutely not.  For all he knew I had never had a gift so awesome.  It makes me smile that he thought about us.  Now even though I won't likely be wearing them in my hair, I did find that they make great book marks and I love to read so I will still think of him every time I open up a book now.  
This is the one lesson about gift giving I want my girls to learn and use every time they give or receive a gift, that it isn't the price or the size of a gift if you are giving from your heart then money means nothing. 
I know I fall victim to all the hype of buying the latest greatest things for my girls because its what all the kids have these days.  But I also know that this year when we asked my girls what they wanted for Christmas their answers surprised me they both said  "mom, just buy clothes or whatever don't spend a ton of money"  My first thought was "what?  are you girls sick?" then it dawned on me they are starting to "get it"  They are growing so incredibly fast & I sure am missing the days when they were buying sweet little gifts for me from the school store.

Well I have used up enough of your time for one day.  I hope you have the very best Christmas and a wonderful new year.  Love you all so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...