Skip to main content

Wait, I'm sorry what?

Ugh...I can not even begin to tell you how many times this past week that phrase has come out of my mouth.  Sometimes more than once to someone about the same thing.  I don't want everyone to think I am just not paying attention or that I don't care because it is quite the opposite.  My problem is that I care too much and then I tend to think too much and well my head gets so full of all that mess that I don't listen well to what is going on around me.  I am not sure how I have made it this being my 4th day at work without royally screwing up. 

So what is all that mess inside my head.  Questions, worry, love, fear, anger, happiness...you name it, its in there all of it swimming around clouding most rational though.  My kids and husband seem to be suffering from my mood swings most.  I'm happy joking and having a blast one minute and mad and angry the next(mostly because I am just tired)  I try to apologize but i fear they hear empty words.  I have tried so very hard to stay positive, cheerful & happy, but i feel it all moving further and further out of reach.

Now don't read into that or read it wrong.  I firmly believe dad is going to get better.  I have faith in the work God is doing.  But watching him struggle is what is killing me it is what is causing me to be less cheerful and happy.  I just want to make it all right for him and I cant.  He needs the hospital, the doctors, the nurses, the meds and the rest.  I want to be there holding his hand telling him it will be OK every single time he opens his eyes from a nap.

You would not believe how many people have said if you need anything just call.  Sometimes I wonder if that is just the nice thing to say and if anyone ever follows through with it...I can tell you this last week has been proof to me that yes, they do.  It has been pretty amazing.  I work with people that have never even met my dad and they ask about him every single day either when i see them at work, by texting me, by calling and even on facebook.  Some one offered to come clean or take care of the animals or Christmas shop & gift wrap for me.  This has me thinking..."do I look that tired, am I that absent minded that I need that much help?"   Ugh! 

People I think of as family have hardly called people who are almost strangers offer amazing help...all this also causing more questions and things to over think about.  Poor Stephen keeps telling me to not worry after all it is Christmas and everyone is busy with their own lives.  I guess he is right.  I just need to relax.  But who has time for that between working hospital visits and worrying if the girls are going to have a good Christmas or not.

Yeah so...that's me.  That's what is going on today.  No great story, no fun photos to post.  Just Tammy, crazy stressed and scatter brained Tammy.


If your still reading this blog next week I will be amazed.

Have a great Saturday.  Now go get ready for Christmas and enjoy every minute of it.

Love you all

tammy c

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...