Skip to main content

Simple enough

It's no secret that I like to use the creative side of my brain often.  Most the time I am being creative in the sewing room with quilts of just about any color and design. 
Sometimes however I will be scrolling through Pinterest  and find something that begs to be made that isn't sewing.  And that is exactly what prompted this latest trip to town for "crafty supplies". 
I work nights and sometimes on my nights off my brain doesn't want to sleep no matter how hard I try, so on this night when I wasn't even near sleepy I went to town and gathered a few supplies I did not have on hand. (Sewing stuff I'm your girl, other craft stuff forget about it)
Back in March Stephen and I celebrated 20 years of marriage and our girls threw us the sweetest party with our friends and family in attendance.  Part of their decorations were balloons floating with pictures of the life we had built hanging from strings on each balloon.  Now I know I have most all those same pictures on my phone or on Facebook or some other social media but seeing them all in the same place was kind of neat.  I ended up saving all those snapshots for a "project" later.
So it's later (nearly six months later) and I finally got around to doing something with those snapshots.  I bought some mod podge, a little black paint, some glue and a canvas (6 actually). Added the black paint around the edges and the background. Glued the pictures onto the canvas where I wanted them and then gave them all a nice thick coat of mod podge and left them to dry.  

And there you have it a project that was simple enough for anyone with even no craftiness to do and have people wondering how you did that.  It was fun, didn't really cost too much (buy cheap canvas because you're just going to cover it in glue anyway) and your end result is a nice way to showcase some of your everyday moments that get lost in the social media world otherwise.  
Here it is. All done and hanging on the living room wall.  It still needs some rearranging as I'm not certain I like the layout now that it's actually on the wall but hanging canvas was stuipt hard to get all in line.  So maybe I'll get to changing it later.  But I love how it turned out.
(Please don't mind the 70s paneling.  It needs updating but we'll get there one of these days.)

I would love to see pictures of your creative projects.  Please share here in the comments or in my Facebook group.  

Thanks for reading
Have a great weekend
tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

Throwback Thursday

    Let me just start by saying straight out of the gate that I absolutely hate to be on the front side of any camera much less my own.  Now it isn't that I don't enjoy being in the moment, I do.  I just enjoy taking the pictures instead of being in them if that makes any sense at all.   With that said I'm glad I was on the front side of this camera this day.  I suppose all little girls dream of growing up, getting married and having babies.  I know when I was a little girl my friends and i would play house, we would more less mark of sections of the room as mine and theirs these sections would be my house or her house.  we'd have baby dolls name them fun names.  We had fun.  I don't know that I ever really thought about actually having children when I grew up.  And as I got older I remember that I didn't even want to get married when I grew up much less have any kids.  But we all grow up. And that guy comes along t...