Skip to main content

Pop!

Or soda, I don't know what you call it and in most of my adult life I have called it soda.  Don't ask why, I don't know.  Here in the middle of Oklahoma I have been made fun of for it for years.  But it doesn't matter what you call it, it is bad for you. 
I won't bore you with quotes from medical studies and such you know all the bad things they say about it just as well as I do. 
For years and years I have been quite proud of my ability to say I have never smoked cigarettes or ever even tried any kind of drugs but the truth is, that is true for the most part. I have always been grossed out by cigarette smoke and never felt the need to try any type of drugs.  But ya know what?  That sweet sugary liquid that most people are chugging down every single day is just a legal kind of drug.  You get addicted to the ingredients in it just like you would any of those other things. 
I have been drinking soda nearly all my life and I am now at this crazy age starting to see how it has taken its toll on me. 
So being all crazy and sleep deprived at work on Monday I decided that with September here I would start the new month with a new goal.  Kicking my soda habit.  (That idea came to me while sipping a nice cold Dr Pepper at about 11:45pm on August 31st) I had a few more sips and at straight up midnight I tossed half a can in the trash. 

Yay me right?
Ha! 
I thought I would be ok if I just drink my water & got some juice, (cran-apple and pineapple variety so I don't get bored with just plain water) and if I made some tea at home.  No tea isn't great either but asking me to give up all caffeine all at once is like asking me to stop breathing.  Are you crazy?  One vice at a time, one vice at a time.

It's been 33 hours, I cannot even describe the crazy headache I have had and I am positive the people I work with are planning to hire a priest for an exorcism.  I have been a beast to say it nicely.

So if you see me and I am drooling, babbling nonsense, angrily yelling, dazed, zoned out or pounding my head against the pop machine you'll know I haven't just fallen off the crazy train I am just wishing for soda while trying to stick to my goal.  (They also say it only takes 27days to form a habit) keeping my fingers crossed my new habit will be drinking water and not soda.
Maybe it will level out soon and things won't be so hard.
Maybe I can lose a little weight and then find more ways to torture myself for the sake of being healthier.

Hope you are having a great week.
Thanks for reading

tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

it's been a minute

yep, since I posted anyway.  This is just a short sweet post, to let you all know that I am still here...It has just been a little busy spending time with Stephen and the girls, taking a mini road trip with Steph and Rita to Texas (crazy story) and so much other stuff that I haven't made time to sit down and write anything.  I have a couple of things in the works though so don't give up on me.  Something about farm animals, another post about Chuck(s) and a few other things.  I haven't really made any time for quilting, bag making or anything crafty in a bit either so I gotta get on that (I miss it). Check back often to see that yes I am still alive and well, just busier than normal (and my normal is pretty busy) Have a great week ahead hope to write for you all soon.