Skip to main content

Happy First Birthday Magnolia Jane

about 6 weeks old
Those of you that know us have probably had a chance to meet our most recent fur (grand) child Magnolia Jane, Maggie Jane, Maggie May, Magpie, Maggie moo she kinda has lots of names really.  She belongs to Miss Britt and let me just say I got in tons of trouble for allowing Britt to bring her home.  And sometimes I question myself as to what I was thinking when I told her I would talk dad into letting the dog stay.
1 year old
Let me go back to the beginning.  We had taken Britts friend Chriss home after an Ag event.  While there he asked if Britt could come see his dogs babies.  Of course I said sure and for the record as she was leaving the truck I did say "don't even ask we are not taking one home with us"  Well she did ask and I did let her bring it to the house with us.  I did however the whole way home panic about what Stephen would say.  I knew he was going to be mad, he was going to tell us to return the dog to where it came from.  I will spare you the sad details and the tears over the thought of sending her back when she made that blond child of mine so stinking happy.  He let Britt keep the new huge (little) puppy.(her mom is 98% wolf & 2% husky, her dad is German Shepherd NOT A LITTLE DOG AT ALL)

We've had lots of animals because of Britt, she is an animal lover.  She even yells at us if we hit a snake on the road.  It is just how she is and I wouldn't change a single thing about her. 


This dog goes everywhere Brittnie goes for the most part.  She loves Britt.  Until I met and got to really know Maggie a bit I never really noticed a bond between a human and a dog like this one before.  I know other humans have this kind of bond but I had never really seen it in an everyday way.  Does that make sense?  If not sorry.  I don't know that I even know how to put it into words.

  
I think the craziest thing about Maggie is that I don't think she knows she is a big dog.  Really.  She has been raised inside the house with our two little wiener dogs.  She does everything they do, her and Remington are best buddies.  They really do get along so well.  Marty on the other hand tolerated her and that's about it.  Every now and then he plays with her but not for long then he is back on the couch or in Stephens lap being the cranky old man he is.  
It's nuts how quickly she grew into the huge dog she is now.  She is so playful and loves to climb into your lap and snuggle.  Like I said she doesn't know she isn't little.
I could go on and on with Maggie stories but I will just share a few of my favorite pictures and not keep you all day.
Britt left and left her at home, she waited like this for a long time.
Her first overnight trip with us to the lake.  She didn't stay too white that weekend
She always finds a pillow or a blanker to sleep on.
See I told you she doesn't know she is huge.  She wanted to look out the window so she stood on the back of the couch
she also stands in Stephens recliner to see out
She is a pretty happy traveler.  She enjoys car trips
She did not however like the trip to the dog wash :-(
Britt, Maggie, Gunner & Laney
PARTY TIME!!
Just the other day Britt was super excited because she had never owned a dog that she knew the actual birthday for.  Maggie was born on mine and Stephens anniversary last year March 31 2015 so this year Britt went all out and made doggie safe cupcakes, bought party hats, sent invitations to her friends and family that has dogs themselves and had Maggie a birthday party.  I had to miss it and it make me sad, after all she is my grand doggie.  I hear not all the party guest got along but hey that's how it is when you get too many humans together too so I guess it turned out OK because the dog catcher didn't get called and no one tried to bite anyone else.  Below are a few of the cutest pictures of the cutest girl and her dog (and friends).

Uncle Marty & Uncle Remington
And even though grand mommy didn't get to go to the party Maggie had close friends & loved ones there including her favorite uncles Marty and Remington.  I think it helped Maggie have a good time as she was a bit sad that her cousin Boomie and her great uncle Wally didn't make it to the party. 
Jax not looking thrilled with the choice of head wear ☺

 I love that my baby girl has such a huge heart when it comes to animals.  Being that I was raised in town I never had lots of animals she is always wanting to bring home.  I just wish we had more land and a bit more money to be able to bring more animals home.  
Hope you enjoyed yet another peek into my crazy life (who has birthday parties for dogs?)  Yep my crazy daughter.  

Thanks for reading

always
tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some