Skip to main content

Slightly off track

I got a phone call this morning shortly after Britt left for school, I figured she had forgotten something again, this happens about once a week with her...poor thing just like her mother in so many ways.  She didn't forget homework or permission slips but rather she forgot to turn the heat lamp off that she has on her baby chicks.  She asked if I could run out and turn it off because it would be warm today and despite my asking if she wanted baked chicken for dinner she insisted that I please turn the lamp off.  Of course I would.  After all what are moms for right? While out there I noticed they needed fresh food and water as well but I was unhappy with what she has been feeding them from.  So I headed to the shed in search of chicken supplies.  I know we have them, this isn't our first go round with chicks, we've had several.  I checked the small shed where all the feed use to be kept but turned up nothing.  So I wondered over to the big shed thinking I was sure there were no chicken things in there but maybe I could find something that would suit my need for them.  Looking around picking up this and that but putting it back because it just wasn't right I noticed a tote that appeared to have fallen from the loft and was looking like it was going to spill out.  This is where my train of thought got slightly off track, while getting the lid and about to place it back on the loft I realized it was some of my parents things that is stored there.  Took a look inside and and that train of thought got completely derailed sent rolling down memory lane.  There were so many things that my brother and I did in school from the early 80s (30+ years ago people) some newspaper clippings, letters, old school photos.  There was even and old Donkey Kong game for Atari (why I'm not sure but it was there too) there was so much to look at.  There are lots of things I want to share with my brother and his family and I hope we can make some time to sit and reminisce while we dig through a part of our past that mom must have felt would be important or special.  But I wanted to share just a couple of the gems I came across.  Oh how I love old memories. 
I finally pulled myself away from the tote and refocused on my first mission.  The chicks have better food and water dishes and me well I can't wait for mom to visit again so we can look through it all together. 

Thanks for reading

always
tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some