Skip to main content

It is Better to Look Ahead


 

Every year for the past several years I have done my best at keeping a planner with all my quilt business stuff like social media posting schedules, when quilts were due, quilt store sales, shop hops, client meetings and lots of other things.  I tend to keep several personal things in it as well.
I was on track with 2020 until February when my world stood still.  My family took a truly hard hit.  Those of you that know me know my dad past awayon the 29th.  I know we all heal differently and it has been crazy hard on everyone.  My quilt business has suffered as well.
The planner that I bought for 2020 (photos above) sits in my sewing room closet in a large ziploc bag of other things that were in my backpack that I used to carry to all dads appointments. 

I used waiting room time to do quilt business and hand stitch embroidery.   I have not touched neither of those things except to put them away since he left us.


2021 will be difficult for the first couple of months of that I am sure. I  do have faith that we will continue to heal our hearts and continue on the search for our new normal.  Hopefully this pretty little planner helps me on this journey.

It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee

It does seem like it is getting easier to write how I'm feeling about things instead of closing the door in my brain where all this years memories are stored.  Mom and I talk about him nearly every day and some days it feels like he could still be here with us. We laugh, we cry and we keep on keeping on.

One thing is for certain I think we are all ready for a new year, 2020 just wasn't our best. 


Thanks for reading my rambling.  Have a great weekend! 


always

tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some