Skip to main content

Valentines day, just another day...?

Really missing time to sit and write…between working so much and sleeping to be ready for work I just haven’t been able to get it done. Which is crazy I never wanted to write anything before, but now I find myself upset that I haven’t made time. Still don’t know what I would write about if I had the time. Seems the subject of all conversations these days is the “2011 BLIZZAD” Frankly I’m done hearing about it. I have been walking around with my ear buds in so I don’t have to listen…ugh!

So Valentines day. When your young and in love it seems that this is one of the most important days of the year. But I see now that when you are “old” and in love it really is just another day. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying this because he didn’t do anything sweet for me because he did. We dropped our girls off at the skating rink and went to dinner alone. He didn’t however spend crazy amounts of money on silly flowers that just die. He spends crazy amounts of money on other things I want throughout the entire year...camera, laptop, chicken coop, barn for a cow we didn't need but the girls and I wanted to know what it was like to bottle feed a baby cow. Whatever it is he is very good at spoiling me.  My dad said when we were about to be married(nearing 16 years now)..."I can't believe they will let the most spoiled girl in Skiatook marry the most spoiled guy in Sperry"  But who else could take care of each of us other than us?  But really  I don’t need all that to know how much he loves me. Yes it’s nice to get flowers, but I don’t want them if he just feels obligated to do so because of some commercial holiday. I want them when there is no reason at all except because he loves me and wanted to see me smile. Which he does.  But it is also the little not so grand things he does through the year that shows me he loves me too. Like working everyday to make sure our bills and mortgage get paid, or starting my truck for me while I get ready for work when there is 15" of snow outside, or turning off the PS3 because he knows I hate to watch that silly game, or recording my favorite show because he knows I work that night and cant watch it til the weekend... 

I am always on facebook, several times a day everyday(if you cant get a hold of me send me a message via FB). A few days ago a friend had a status update that said pretty much exactly what I was thinking about Valentines day. And Yes I too hate it because it is so commercialized. She said… 
“I hate Valentines day....It is possibly to most ridiculous holiday we have in American society. Why does there have to be one day to make your loved one feel special. You should make her feel that special everyday. Buy her daisies because its Tuesday and you wanted her to know that she is the most important person in your life.
And cook him his favorite dinner and wear that sexy red dress just because you know it has been a long week at work for him. There shouldn’t be just one day that people feel like they have to treat there "someone" like a million bucks....do it everyday!! If you really love them, then everyday should be Valentines day!!! So stores can take there red and pink boxes of chocolates and put them where the sun doesn’t shine J ”

I really couldn’t have said it any better myself. Thanks JH for the great words.  To everyone else I challenge you to make your special someone feel like it is Valentines day every day…March 12, May 27, June 14 EVERYDAY even if it is just a little note (text or FB post)letting them know your thinking about them.
Enjoy the rest of February(maybe we can have some more of this great weather and not the snow we had the first half)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some