Skip to main content

Ha! Who am I kidding?

I'm not sure why I even thought that I could make myself write a post on a regular basis,  don't get me wrong.  When I thought about the idea that Haleigh gave me it sounded so fun.  I mean I have tons of favorite old photos I would love to share with you all, truth of the matter is this...I am probably the most forgetful person there is and I next to never remember this throwback thursday stuff.  Like I mentioned in the last post.  I remember it the day before and think to myself "don't forget that tomorrow"  and well it was Valentine's day this past Thursday and I was busy spending that evening taking my sweet girls to dinner.  And I forgot. 
But I still have a favorite picture of the week to share...lets see how creative I can continue to get with title posts for these things...how 'bout sweet reminders sunday.  Nah, because I don't really remember the day this photo was taken as that is me there (the tiny curly headed cutie) and well I was too little to remember.   Ok well maybe it doesn't really need a title.  
This is me and my Nanny.   Not nanny like a paid live in sitter, no she is my aunt.  Most everyone reading already knows that but I have recently learned that people in several countries actually read this blog so maybe everyone reading doesn't know my whole life background like some of you do so if you do skip past the parts you already know :)
Nanny Fern, yes she is my aunt.  I don't even know how or why we all call her nanny but I am ever so close to 40 and that's all I have ever heard any of us cousins call her.
I've mentioned in past post that she and spent a lot of time with me as a child.  I have so many memories that include her that I could write one a day and never run out of things to write about.  She was like my second mom for so long and I feel like her daughters are sisters rather than cousins.  I would do anything for them at any given time and they know this.
I came across this picture in some old photos Cathy and Nikki left at my house a few years ago when we were working on a scrapbook for Nanny.   Like I said I was too little to remember this exact time but this will always remain one of my favorites.  It shows a love so special.   The kind of love aunts build with their niece's.   Is that of a mother, sister & best friend all mixed up in one.  Every girl should have an aunt that they are this close to.  I can't imagine life without my Nanny. Whether she knows it or not she has taught me so much. Her long loving marriage has showed me how a married couple should act and treat each other. All her and Mikey's little words of wisdom and advice are what helps Stephen and I stay on track with our own relationship.  After all they are nearing the 40 year mark as well. 
I have lots of aunts, 'cause dad has lots of brothers and I do have love for each and every one of them.  But she is different.   She always has been.
Well, there is my throwback thursday, flashback friday and whatever other name we can come up with.  :)  I'm just gonna keep it simple and write when it comes to mind like I set out to do at the beginning of last month. 
 
Have a great sunday and enjoy the week ahead.
 
Thanks for reading
 
tammy c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some