Skip to main content

A bit of fiction

I like writing.  I know that I have said that here before.  Because I like to write is why I have this blog.  Well that and it is a great way to share what is going on with my family with the rest of my extended family that I don't get to see on a regular basis.  I have posted in the past that I have this incredibly crazy desire to write a book.  Now I don't know what I want to write a book about or when it would even happen but what I do know is that I have been trying to write something (even a little bit) every day.  I have an app that gives you an idea to write about.  A writing prompt, one sentence and I have to come up with a story and characters for the story on my own.  Today I just thought I would share a little.  The prompt was "you're at Woodstock"  Are you kidding me?  That was 5 years before I was even born and I have little to no knowledge about it.  But anyway, here is what I have.  It isn't much and it may not be great but it is something and it makes my brain work towards a future goal.  And it's fun. 

Enjoy.



It always brings a smile to her face to think about the way she had met Billy and it amazes her that they have lived this life together. 
     It was a time when things were changing in Lizzy’s world so quickly.  At just 18 she was taking time to do what she wanted and learn by doing things on her own.
     Just a few days ago she stood outside a storefront watching the first man step foot on the moon.  And here she was in the middle of a field on a farm in New York with her girlfriends at a concert.  She was no longer that sweet little girl in the perfect pink skirts.  She never felt like she fit in the cookie cutter life that she had been raised in.  She left home after high school to find out why she was here.  To find out what else was out there?  Her Brother had been killed in the war and her parents never seemed to notice her anymore and here now in this crowd of thousands listening to this man play his guitar she felt connected and a part of something bigger than she had known in that quiet little suburb.
      The music drifted through the air along with the smell of smoke, she had never been into trying the things her friends were in to and just being surrounded by it was having a crazy effect on her.  She felt strange and relaxed but at the same time her heart was racing and she was breathing way to heavy she needed to find a place to sit and soon if she was going to be able to find her way back to the van.
     She had gotten separated from her friends when Billy had grabbed her hand and took off through the crowd to get a better view of Hendrix.  Ah Billy, she had only met him yesterday at the diner not far from here, they had stopped to get a bite to eat and recharge from their drive.  He had the most amazing green eyes, you could see he was a hardworking man by looking at his strong arms; his hair was much longer than any of the boys back home. He had a messy look about him that she instantly fell for.  They had discussed their plans of attending this crazy concert on a farm but she never thought she would see him again.  The out of nowhere he was standing in front of her leaning in to give the most amazing kiss she had ever had.  He said all the things a girl wants to hear, how he could not stop thinking about her.  That all he wanted was to find her again to get to know her more.  She felt herself getting lost in his words and feeling every inch of him pressed against her, his arms pulling her in as he all but enveloped her.  And as quickly as the kiss started it was finished and he had pulled her through all these people to where they were dancing and swaying and she felt completely intoxicated by the whole experience and hoped it would never end.  How could she feel so much changing in only a few short days, but then that is how it happens, you decide one day that you need adventure and instead of staying put in the same rut you have been in your whole life you take a step and go after whatever it is that is waiting for you.  Because you never know what you will find when you start looking for yourself.


Like I said it isn't much.  But I do enjoy just writing no matter how short or how long the story. 

Thanks for reading

Have a great week.

always

tammyc


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some