Skip to main content

So this is 40 ☺



I remember being a little kid thinking how old 40 seemed...turns out it isn't so bad.  Yeah I've only been 40 for a few days but really it doesn't feel any different than not being 40 and honestly I don't mind it.  I wouldn't want to go back to any other age either.  This age is so far the best.  Stephen and I have almost finished raising our girls (and pretty good girls they are too) we have a nice home on a small piece of land and have enough money to enjoy life together.  Much better than when I was in my twenties where we had 2 little girls a tiny home and one paycheck.  Yeah, 40 is when you kinda have your shit together it would seem & the best part is 40 isn't as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. 

I had a fabulous time celebrating my birthday this year, my dearest friend (who will be hitting the big 4 0 in just under a year) and a few of my family members made sure they "painted the town" as they put it to be sure everyone knew that I was becoming "over the hill"  
It's funny because for several months everyone was reminding everyone else to not forget to hang signs for Tammy's 40th.  No one wanted my day to go by without getting their revenge.  Yes, I have spent (probably more than) my share of late nights making and hanging signs all over every sign post, paper box, ice box and random fence to spread the word of loved ones big (old) milestones.  It is something I remember always doing once I was out on my own.  I guess I do it because I want everyone to feel special on their birthday and to see signs hanging all over town is a fun way to show them that someone was thinking of them on their special day (along with many strangers wondering who just turned 30, 40, 50...)  It was fun driving through town this past Wednesday to see how well I had taught those that hung signs for me.  They did pretty darn well.  I counted 14 from one end of town to the middle of town and there were about 15-20 more on the other end of town.  No one could miss them.  I went to renew my drivers license on Friday afternoon and the lady in the tag office said "oh, you just turned 40 didn't you?"  She mentioned that she seen all the signs around town as well as a couple other ladies in the office doing business.  (So for each of you that spent time making sure people would see that I got old...your work paid off.)    :)
I don't know really why I started hanging signs but I do remember being a little kid when my uncle Mike turned 30 and though Nanny didn't hang signs all over town, she did hang a big sign "Mike is dirty at 30" or something to that nature on their front door and everyone that came over got to sign their name and birthday wishes on it.  I thought that was too cool and it showed him that people were celebrating his special day.  I love birthdays and even if it is a little home cooked dinner and cake with only those that live with you, all birthdays should be celebrated. 

Yep this is 40 and so far it's not so bad and I can't wait to see what all this next 10 years has in store for me. 


Thanks for reading & have a great day 

Always,
tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some