Skip to main content

Pop!

Or soda, I don't know what you call it and in most of my adult life I have called it soda.  Don't ask why, I don't know.  Here in the middle of Oklahoma I have been made fun of for it for years.  But it doesn't matter what you call it, it is bad for you. 
I won't bore you with quotes from medical studies and such you know all the bad things they say about it just as well as I do. 
For years and years I have been quite proud of my ability to say I have never smoked cigarettes or ever even tried any kind of drugs but the truth is, that is true for the most part. I have always been grossed out by cigarette smoke and never felt the need to try any type of drugs.  But ya know what?  That sweet sugary liquid that most people are chugging down every single day is just a legal kind of drug.  You get addicted to the ingredients in it just like you would any of those other things. 
I have been drinking soda nearly all my life and I am now at this crazy age starting to see how it has taken its toll on me. 
So being all crazy and sleep deprived at work on Monday I decided that with September here I would start the new month with a new goal.  Kicking my soda habit.  (That idea came to me while sipping a nice cold Dr Pepper at about 11:45pm on August 31st) I had a few more sips and at straight up midnight I tossed half a can in the trash. 

Yay me right?
Ha! 
I thought I would be ok if I just drink my water & got some juice, (cran-apple and pineapple variety so I don't get bored with just plain water) and if I made some tea at home.  No tea isn't great either but asking me to give up all caffeine all at once is like asking me to stop breathing.  Are you crazy?  One vice at a time, one vice at a time.

It's been 33 hours, I cannot even describe the crazy headache I have had and I am positive the people I work with are planning to hire a priest for an exorcism.  I have been a beast to say it nicely.

So if you see me and I am drooling, babbling nonsense, angrily yelling, dazed, zoned out or pounding my head against the pop machine you'll know I haven't just fallen off the crazy train I am just wishing for soda while trying to stick to my goal.  (They also say it only takes 27days to form a habit) keeping my fingers crossed my new habit will be drinking water and not soda.
Maybe it will level out soon and things won't be so hard.
Maybe I can lose a little weight and then find more ways to torture myself for the sake of being healthier.

Hope you are having a great week.
Thanks for reading

tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some