Skip to main content

Me & chuck(s)

So I mentioned in a post or so ago that I have started wearing "Chucks"  I had bought them for Val she didn't like this pair and wanted new ones (she is spoiled and nearly always gets what she wants)  Anyway this was a perfectly good pair of shoes laying around collecting dust.  I tried them on, they fit so I started wearing them.  Let me just say they are almost as good as going barefooted and I LOVE them.  I like the look and how awesome they feel on my feet.  While cleaning up the photo storage on my phone I noticed that they seem to be popping up in a lot of my pictures.  So I thought I would share what "Chuck(s) and I have been up to this past week  :)

We went to watch Britt play softball, she did great and we had the best seat in the place.  Val and her "Chuck(s)" sat next to us and cheered for Miss Brittnie and the Lady Pirates to a 15-0 win!  WOOHOO!


This is us kicking back having a beverage (red solo cup no less) at the lake in a fun little "secret" place that Steph & I took our oldest girls.  No it isn't a secret, but the girls had never been there and they thought it was cool and can't wait to go back with friends their own age (maybe when they miss curfew we will find them here one day (no not the oldest but most likely the little ones...ugh)

Finally this is us waiting on the big one to bite.  It never did by the way.  I did however learn what they mean when they say "my worst day fishing still beats my best day at work"  Because my dad will testify to this, that day was my absolute worst day fishing, first the fishing pole I took down to the water with me didn't have a handle (didn't know it until I had tied a hook and baited it up)  went to get a different pole, got it ready and got to fish for a bit, caught a couple fish then got my line hung up on something in the water.  Broke the line, tied on another hook tried to fish again, hung up again...it went on like that for what seemed like every time I threw my line out...I stopped counting how many times I tied on a new hook after about 6 or 8 I know it was more than that.  A couple of times I did get it untangled or saved the hook, but only a couple.  Sat down one time and tossed it out and the wind blew my hat off into the water.  Dad had to use his fishing pole to save it for me.  I am sure he may have had to do that before because he knew exactly what to do, I just stood there and looked at it like crap the water is cold how am i going to get it back?  Thanks dad that really is my favorite hat.  After a couple hours, I called it quits.  I only caught one fish worth keeping and ended up leaving it with dad (he was doing pretty good fishing that day)  What I did get was a good couple of hours hanging out with just my dad.  Not really talking about anything important but talking the whole time I was there.  I miss time like that with him.  Time to just fish.  And yes this was probably my worst day of fishing ever...but it was still better than my best day at work.  :)
So that's what's been going on in my world with Chuck(s)  I say go get a pair, try them on, have some adventures and see how you like them.  Look forward to a few more posts featuring Chuck(s) they keep showing up everywhere.

I have a couple other things I am working on, hope to share with you soon.  Until then have a wonderful week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some