Skip to main content

My week in pictures

April 9th through 13th really so I don't know if you can call it a real "week" but it sure felt like I done enough stuff that it qualified as a whole week.  Have a look at the crazy things going on in my life right now :)


The perfume I have been wanting...Stephen bought it for me.  It was waiting on the kitchen table when I came home from work. Monday night.  It smells great and I love it

S'mores pops anyone?  That's right s'more pops, I posted about these the other day when I made them.  They came together so fast and my girls just loved them.  Like I said there is a post that tells all about them.  You should make some for your family, you will be a hero  :)

Stephen and I have been on a high protein low calorie diet for a month now and we have been cutting a bunch of foods from our life and eating much more healthy...with that said I have to admit that the other day I had a crazy urge for bacon.  I never really ate a lot of bacon before so I was a bit surprised that I was craving it so badly.  So I bought us some bacon and this is what I did with it...I am pretty sure that when God created asparagus that He did not mean for it to be wrapped in bacon, but boy was it GOOD.  (I made BLT's for dinner 2 nights this past week as well...he he)

The weather has been kinda nuts, rainy, hot super windy...but we enjoy the back yard just as well through it all (mostly)  This evening Stephen and the girls were out feeding the animals and Val was asked to clean the chickens water pan.  You're thinking "ya so..."  but what you may not know is that Valorie is deathly afraid of the chickens.  Why I have no idea, but she is.  Brittnie is just ornery.  She caught Val not looking and ran and locked the coop door from the outside and started tossing fresh grass and some feed in around Val's feet so that the hens would gather around her feet.  Now you and I both know that the hens only care about gathering all that feed and not attacking Valorie but she was sure they were going to "peck me to death"  I believe were her words.  I find it all quite funny and wanted to share my crazy kids with you.

The 12th was Britts 13th birthday and we knew we would be waiting until Friday to have her party and my girls birthday has never went by unnoticed.  So Wednesday night (the 11th) after Britt went to bed Valorie and I inflated over 30 balloons and taped photos with little cute sayings on them to the balloon strings.  turned them all loose in Britt's room for her to find when she woke up.  We also used green streamer and covered her door from top to bottom.  It was great to see the look on her little face.  She loved it.


I don't know if her smile gets much bigger than this  :)

And of course we had to have cake and candles before school the day of her actual birthday and big sister even let her have one of the gifts she picked out instead of making her wait until the party day.

Softball season has started as it does every year the week of Britts birthday.  This was Tuesday evening, the weather was perfect and they even won.  (beat the team from Skiatook no less...he he)

I love watching my girls play this position.  It makes them work hard and they are both great here.
Valorie and I missed the game on Thursday night but heard all about how Britts hit brought in the winning run for her team.  Makes them 2 and 0 so far.  Hope their winning keeps up.

On Friday we had her party and this is just one shot of her cake I took.  I loved it.  I had seen something like this on pinterest as a wedding cake and had to have it done for my baby (who isn't quite a baby anymore)  I took some photos to my favorite baker (Lynn of Lynns Cakes in Skiatook OK-look her up she is great) and asked if she could do it (would like to say I NEVER doubted her)  and this is what she gave me back.  Absolutely wonderful, it tasted great and best of all...Britt LOVED it.

 Done a ton of shopping (poor pocket book) and even got to meet up with my best girl (Jody) even if it was for just a little bit.  I love visiting with her and miss that she don't live just down the street anymore (there is a couple farm houses for sale on my street...just sayin') 

I am going to be working on a few UFOs (un-finished objects) that I have stashed around the house and start some new ones so be looking for posts about all that soon.  But for today, well that's all I have.

Have a wonderful Monday!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some