Skip to main content

Always a work in progress...

Do you ever have one of those days that seems as if you can't find anything even though you know you left it right there so you could pick it back up tomorrow?   Yeah, I'm having one of those days today.  Seems like no matter how hard I try I am never organized.  I'd like to be. Life seems to flow better when its organized and planned out.  I was reading one of the blogs I follow and she was talking about how she went about working towards being more organized.  And that the first thing she does every morning is make her bed as soon as she gets up.  Well I'd love to say that is the first thing I am going to implement but seeing that there is still a person in my bed when I get up in the mornings that will not really work at my house. I can try talking hubs into making the bed when he gets up but I'd have better luck bringing peace to the middle east ;)
Anyway at the end of the post I was reading she showed a picture of the book she found to be a huge helping tool in getting her home and life organized.  I thought to myself "hmm...I need to buy that book" and then I looked at it again and I realized "Hey! I have that book!"
Yep that's right I own the same tool that she used to organize her life.  Well why wasn't it working for me?  Yes right again, because I have not been actively working and using the weekly guide to my advantage is why it isn't working for me and my family. 
Question is how am I going to change things?  First thing I did was got the book out of the box it was in inside the closet and gave it a good dusting.  I've flipped through this book in the past when I first purchased it (about 5-6 years ago)  and I am not sure why I didn't follow through.  But anyway here I am on the blog asking each of you to join me in this crazy "get organized" road I really want to travel to the end.  I am posting so that maybe having a bit of accountability will keep me going and hopefully help others do the same thing. 
The book breaks things down into sections and then into weekly goals.  Maybe I should be starting this at the beginning of the new year that is coming quickly but I really don't want to wait. I want to start now. 
My schedule is kinda crazy and I feel like my week begins on Wednesday since that is my first work day of the week Tuesday always feels like Sunday.  I am starting this journey today, Tuesday and plan to post at least once every Tuesday and maybe mid way through the week to just touch base and let you all know how I'm doing.  I would love for you to join me and let me know how its going for you.
So...
~~~~~~~~~~
The first section is weeks 1-4 and called~~"organize yourself"
Week 1~~Organize your mind
Goals for this week are
get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep
•start your day by making a to do list
limit the amount of tv you watch
schedule time to exercise
keep a journal (even if you don't write in it every day)
schedule a two minute break 2-3 times a day to spend alone (time to just be)
take control of your time-set goals and break them down into doable daily tasks
eliminate energy drainers in your life: clutter, unhealthy relationships, unfinished projects and such.
~~~~~~~~~~
Seems easy enough right.  I hope so.  A few tips the book has near the end of this section is
◆to simplify your life and your thinking by cutting back on the amount of negative information and thoughts penetrate your mind. 
This I need to work on. Seems I always have more than my share of "stinking thinking" so this is something I really want to focus on for my life.
◆check with yourself before making decisions.  Take a deep breath, relax & listen to your inner voice. Then make a decision best for you.  Don't give in to the pressure of others.
Again something else I need to really work on.  And I do know someone else that has a hard time dealing with this as well. I have heard her mention this being a problem more than once o  our Monday/Tuesday meeting for lunch.  (Yes you know who you are so there is no need to call you out. But maybe we could share the book on those Monday meetings)   :)
I am super excited about starting to really get organized.  I hope I can finish the whole book and be able to declutter this house and just be happy at home :)
Hope you follow along and remind me to keep at it.  I am such a horrible procrastinator that I know before I even start I will want to put it off and start over again and again.
 
Get your journal out and start figuring out how to organize your mind!
 
This is going to be a hard road for me to travel and I may even lose readers (i only have about 11 so hopefully not too many leave) that don't think what I am writing applies to them.  This is something I am gonna have to deal with I feel I need some organizing and accountability these days.  Who knows, maybe I will gain even more readers who need this same sort of kick in the pants.  I'm ready...how about you?
 
Stop by and drop me a comment let me know when something hits home for you.  I would love to hear from you.
Have a great rest of the week
 
 
Always
tammyc
 
Ps.  I've been thinking of doing a give away soon. So keep checking back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some