Skip to main content

Lets whip those priorities into shape (week 2 of organize now)

Wow what a quick week.  Week one of my "lets get organized" kick seemed to have gone by pretty quick and easy.  I have a partner so to speak working along with me, she and I spent quite an afternoon searching for her a copy of the book so that she could have the check lists and journal pages that are in it for herself.  I feel like I will see this road to the end knowing that someone is so willing to keep me on track and accountable.  And it is a nice weekly reward to sit down have lunch and talk about our success and our failures.  Trust me I have failures especially when it comes to being organized.
I didn't really have to make too many changes this week as I already make sure I get plenty of sleep(with having a weird schedule and working some weekends every day seems like a work day at our house and we go to bed early every night).  I am constantly making little to do lists for me and every one else in the house. Most the time its chore lists for the girls.  I don't watch a ton of TV because I am more addicted to reading & the Internet than the television.  The one thing I need to work on most from week one is the elimination of clutter.  We are working on the laundry room first.  As that room seems to be a dumping ground of sorts, if something doesn't have a home it gets stashed in the laundry room until someone needs it.  I have a lot of work to do in this room.  It lacks proper storage solutions so I am working on getting and keeping laundry caught up so that I can toss out the things no one needs or uses.  This is where week one ended.  Not a bad start to my new adventure.

This week we are beginning week 2 organize your priorities. I feel like this is different for everyone so there is one thing you will have to ask yourself  "what's important to me, what do I want to accomplish?"  And then make a list of top ten things to do to help you work towards what it is that's important to you.  I want an organized less cluttered home I also want to remodel a few rooms in our house and can't do it until things are less stuffed with stuff.  I want the less cluttered revamped home so that I can spend more time entertaining my friends and family in a more comfortable, inviting home. So  I will continue working on the laundry room and which ever room comes to mind after that work on setting up more of my priorities and see what happens.
 
Hope you're joining me on this journey and if you are please feel free to share your progress, set backs and/goals here in the comments section. Or email me directly at tlc33195@gmail.com
I'd love to hear from you.
Have a great week
Always
tammyc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some