Skip to main content

Blog-a-versary!!!

Yes, that's right its almost here.  January 27th will be my 1 year anniversary to when I first started this little blog thing.  I still don't know exactly why I started and I never even thought anyone would read it, but there a couple of you out there that do and I am grateful.  Thank you.  I really enjoy writing about all the stuff that goes on in my life.  "My crazy random life" is exactly what happens on the pages of this blog.  I know from lots of research about blogging that your blog should be "meaningful" or have a purpose.  well let me just say I DON'T CARE what they say.  I think that my randomness is why I have a few of the readers I do have and I am ok with it not looking exactly perfect or that it doesn't follow a "recommended guideline" If no one wants to read it I am ok with that too.  Because I write for me for pure entertainment.  Yes the things I write are true (nothing fiction or fake about my life)  If they are funny, good.  If they are sad wait a day or two and something funny will happen again.  That is how it is here in my life.  Not every day is perfect and I don't need to pretend they are.  Its just crazy random Tammy. (re-read that whole bit you'll see...CrAzY)

Anyway back to the BLOG-A-VERSARY  I have been trying to figure out how I am going to do it, but I would like to have a give-a-way.  Yep I want to give you a chance to win something.  I am still having a problem with what exactly to give away but Ill get there.  I keep thinking about all the things I love and the things I think others would love as well, but all the things I love not many of my friends like...for example,

I love...
   quilting
   photography
   cook books
   spending time with family(come on I can cant give one of them away)
   knitting
   horses
   living in the country
   making my own butter
   gardening
  
See the list is long and I cant really decide what all of you would enjoy as a prize

My first thought was a cookbook(may still use that), a gift card to my favorite restaurant, a gift card to Hobby Lobby, a gift card to Jo-Ann's Fabric, a quilt or a scarf by TammyC

I hate making decisions... I have a couple more days before I have to nail something down so I am going to ponder (& work on a quilt or scarf just in case) and maybe before too long I will have come up with something to share with 3 lucky readers.

Keep checking back to see how you go about getting your name in the drawing.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I love your thoughts and I get to keep up with all the CRAZY things going on in your life...and I think any of your friends would be happy with anything you was to give them cause its not about what it is...Keep up the GREAT writing!! :)

    Love ya, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a great job, keep it up! Thanks for getting me hooked! Have actually made some new friends this week just from my blog! Happy 1 year! dont forget to put my name in the hat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 already?

The reality of it really hasn't sank in yet I don't think, she still has one more year of school so that's probably why. My first born 18 years old.  Despite all the reminders of her age from my sweet girl, it truly does seem like only yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital when all the sudden here we are just over 2 weeks past her turning eighteen, where did all those years go? I would love to be able to sit here and recount every single detail with you from the very start but that might bore you to tears and well she might kill me of I did that.  Because I can remember lots of little moments that would embarrassed her to death like how she was so scared of everyone singing happy birthday on her first birthday that she hid under the table crying and didn't want to touch the cake we got her.  Or of her and her bff having cupcakes in their diapers that nanny brought by after Cathy's party at school when they were only one.  Or of her and t...

Midlife crisis? Nah, just having a little fun.

I guess that is what some people call it when a guy nearing (ever so close to) 40 goes out and buys himself a shiny new (or not so new) motorcycle.  However that thought never really crossed my mind when Stephen asked to buy one off a guy he works with.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea, not because I thought he was having a midlife crisis, but because I thought there were plenty of other things we could spend our money on.  I said no.  We always talk about big purchases and agree when or if we spend the money.  I was sure this thought was settled and we would not be the owners of a motorcycle anytime soon.  Stephen had other ideas... Stephens toy He made the decision to get the bike (it really was a good price, I guess) and well now we are that crazy old couple that rides around on a motorcycle every chance at nice weather we get. Here is a bit of history...My dad had a Honda gold wing when we were little (I was like 13)  he and my mom wou...

it's been a minute

yep, since I posted anyway.  This is just a short sweet post, to let you all know that I am still here...It has just been a little busy spending time with Stephen and the girls, taking a mini road trip with Steph and Rita to Texas (crazy story) and so much other stuff that I haven't made time to sit down and write anything.  I have a couple of things in the works though so don't give up on me.  Something about farm animals, another post about Chuck(s) and a few other things.  I haven't really made any time for quilting, bag making or anything crafty in a bit either so I gotta get on that (I miss it). Check back often to see that yes I am still alive and well, just busier than normal (and my normal is pretty busy) Have a great week ahead hope to write for you all soon.