Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday




According to my clock it is still Thursday but only for a few more minutes so I'll have to make this a quick post.  
The photo is of my sweet niece Haleigh.  It was taken by one of the many guests at a baby shower being held in my honor in preparation for Miss Britt.  Those of you that know my family now realize it was nearly 14 years ago. 
It isn't the best photo of Haleigh but back in the day not everyone you know was trying to be a professional photographer like it seems they (myself included) are these days.
Anyway the photo.  I came across it the other night while looking at old photos with the girls.  Seeing that I don't own a scanner I used my phone to take a picture of a picture (I've done quite a lot of that lately)   I miss all the girls being this little more and more every day.  They are all growing up so fast it sometimes makes my head spin.  I mean really...her sisters (the babies in our family) are almost 9.  Where did our time together go? I remember Haleigh at the age in this photo.  Getting to see her all the time when I went to pick up my girls from grandmas house after work.  She has always been the cutest girl.  I hate that I haven't gotten to be as close to Haleigh as my nanny Fern was with me, but despite that I am so proud of the beautiful young lady she is growing into.
I sent this picture to her this evening just for giggles.  I thought it was a sweet  reminder of days gone by.  She text back with "throwback Thursday"  I loved the phrase and asked her if I could steal it and use it here in the blog.  She said she didn't mind so I thought what better picture to start a new series of posts than with the picture of her.
Thanks Haleigh for the inspiration to post this evening.   I love you.

And to  all of you reading, drag out those boxes of old photos and albums and see what wonderful memories you conjure up from the "good ol days".  I would love to hear about them.

PS. It's after midnight now but I'm still calling it "Throwback Thursday" :)
Thanks for reading and have a great up coming weekend

Love you all 
tammy c

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some