Skip to main content

Tasty Tuesday

 
 
I love to cook.  Not only do I love to cook, I love to eat.  And I think that my all time favorite type of food is Italian food.  Well no, because Mexican food is right up there with it.  Anyway...I love cooking different kinds of Italian foods (sometimes I wish I had a maid to clean the kitchen after some meals).  A big thank you to who ever created every one's favorite website Pinterest.com because this site gives us all instant access to hundreds of thousands of recipes.  That is where I found tonight's dinner recipe : Tomato Basil Chicken.  Oh my goodness it was pretty amazing.  And honestly it probably has some super awesome name in Italian but that is what it was called on Pinterest.
 
I am always trying something new on my poor family, thankfully I was blessed with a not very picky eater of a hubby.  Not like my daddy who when we were growing up liked his meat & potatoes and corn for a veggie.  No Stephen will eat just about anything I put on the table (not cucumbers or bell peppers...or pineapple)  Ok well there is a few things he won't eat but the list is way shorter that dads was :)
 
I can always trust in Stephen to give me honest feed back on whether or not a meal is a repeat or not ever again.  And we've had our share of "not ever again"  :)  Tonight I got a definite repeat.
 
While sitting at the dinner table enjoying dinner Val asked Stephen what he thought of the home made cheese sticks she made to go along with moms new dish.  No kidding his words were (pardon his french)  "my ass those are home made"  We were cracking up.  Because yes they were.  Poor baby is as bad as her momma when it comes to recipes.  She didn't even have a recipe to follow.  Just pictures.  She used sticks of string cheese breaded them and baked them in the oven.  Not fried and let me just say they were so Yummy.
 
I am really starting to enjoy writing in the blog more often.  I hope you all are having fun reading and keeping up with the Corleys  ;)
 
Here is the recipe for the tomato basil chicken.  I never follow the rules exactly and I am sure I added more butter than I needed. But butter makes everything better.  Right?  This meal will have you grabbing your fork at the 30 minute mark, which is great news when you need to have a nice, hot meal on the table quickly. 
~~
Tomato Basil Chicken
 
Ingredients: (4 servings)
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
  • 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
  • 4 Tbsp cold butter
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
  • freshly grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese, for garnish
Directions:
Season chicken breasts with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your skillet. This may seem like quite a bit, but it will form the base for the sauce. While waiting for the oil to heat up, go ahead and get your water going for the pasta. When the oil is HOT, add the chicken breasts. After about 4-5 minutes, the chicken breasts should be ready to turn. By the way, when did chicken breasts get SO HUGE?! You'll want to cook them on the second side another 4-5 minutes,or until the juices run clear when you pierce them with a small sharp knife. If you pounded yours out thinner, they will cook faster than this.
After the second side has been cooking for about 4 minutes, go ahead and add in the fresh tomatoes that you have chopped up. Next, add the fresh basil that you have chopped into ribbons, the cold butter, the minced garlic, and you will probably want to add some more kosher salt and black pepper to season the sauce. Now give it all a good stir so all those flavors will marry together.
When your chicken is "done," turn the sauce down on the lowest setting to keep it all warm until the pasta is cooked, which should be any minute now. At this point, if still waiting for the pasta, you can remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board, and after resting just a couple of minutes, cut the chicken into slices on the bias. Divide the pasta among individual bowls, and top each with half of a chicken breast, sliced into pieces, and equal portions of the tomato basil sauce. Top with more fresh basil and freshly grated Parmigiana reggiano cheese.
~~
 
Like I said I did change a couple of things, I used boneless skinless thighs instead of breasts and too much butter but I also got the go ahead for this to be a repeat dinner so it must have turned out ok :)
 
I got the recipe from a fellow blogger over at ( http://menumusings.blogspot.com/2013/04/tomato-basil-chicken.html) So if you have time take a click over and check out the stuff on that page.  Who knows you might find something yummy to make for yourself.
 
Thanks for reading today.  If you make this Tasty Tuesday meal holler back at me and let me know how you liked it. 
 
As always I love comments and would love to hear from you.  If you have a minute check out an ad or two.  I found a site for coupons while on here earlier and a page for free recipes all while clicking to see what ads are posting on my blog.
 
Have a great week everyone.
 
Always,
tammyc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some