Skip to main content

What I'm working on Wednesday

I am so excited.  I can't even slow down long enough to form full sentences about this super fun idea that was given to me today.  So if this post makes sense when I'm finished it will probably be a miracle that's for sure. 
Anyway...This morning in a normal daily visit with one of the girls at work she gave me a super fantastic idea.  OK well maybe I am the only one that thinks it is a super fantastic idea but still I am excited and it seems like we are going to have a great turn out.  OK I know...I know...what is it already?  Right?  :)  A recipe swap party!!!
That's right a recipe swap party.  I have done a bit of foot work (text work really) to see if there would be very many ladies interested in attending one of these parties and turns out almost everyone was willing to participate.  So what does this mean exactly?  I am inviting several ladies over everyone is going to bring their favorite recipe (already prepared and ready to share) along with printed copies of the recipe they are sharing to pass out to all the ladies in attendance.  I am inviting work friends, family members and several friends both old and new.  I am excited for all the women in my life to get a chance to meet one another and share lots of yummy food and the thought of lots of new recipes to add to our kitchens sounds fabulous to me.  I can't wait for October to get here and see how it all turns out.  In the meantime I will be over at Pinterest finding lots of ideas for the party and let me just say I have already found a bunch more party ideas and told hubby this evening that he will have to start being gone more often so I can have the girls over for a different kind of party every couple of months.  To which his reply was "hmm"  My translation to that was "Sure honey whatever makes you happy"  That probably isn't what he meant but until he uses words that is how I am taking it.  :)
 
Like I said I have been on pinterest already so keep your eyes open for party ideas as the weeks slowly drift by and October finally makes its entrance. 
 
So that's "What I'm working on this Wednesday"  stop by next week so see what's going on.
 
 
Thanks for reading
 
Happy hump day
(I see that silly camel from the commercial every time I hear or say that now)
 
 
Anyway, have a great week!
 
tammyc
 
 
 
 
 
 
  These are just a couple of the invitation ideas I found...






And some of the party favors I came across.  Can't wait to see what it will all be like when it is all put together!
Take a step out and try your own recipe swap party.  If you do (invite me I love to cook)  Send me pictures and stories.  I am sure it will be loads of fun!

Comments

  1. I like the second invitation and thats a cute party idea. I love to cook stuff from scratch. Thanks to our dearest grandma that i got to watch for hours cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she did make sure we got our share of cooking know how huh. I love cooking too. If you email (or facebook message) me your address I will make sure you get an invitation. I would love to have you.

    And thanks for reading. It's nice to know someone out there is ☺

    ♥ ya
    tammyc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! !

I can not believe how quickly the years pass now that I am inching ever so close to 40.  Some people say "wow I dont know where the year went"  but crazy as it sounds I do know.   It really seems like yesterday Stephen and I were hanging out with some friends waiting to ring in 2013.  And here it is January 1, 2014.  It flat flew by.  At first thought I could think I don't know what happened to the time.  But given a few minutes to ponder it all I remember well what all happened (Stephen always gives me 9 kinds of crap about posting on Facebook or instagram but when looking back they help me remember all the fun we had).  We did some pretty great things in 2013.  We got to travel out of the country for the first time (to 3 different countries), made some new friends, sadly lost touch with some dear friends & got back in touch with some old ones.  Val got her drivers license and Britt started her first year of high school. We had some pretty great adventures and spe

A good time

Yep anytime you get to spend the weekend at the lake is a good time.  My girls and I drove over to mom and dads place on the lake this past weekend (Stephen met us there on Saturday) I wanted to see them as it has been several weeks since the last time I had seen them.  Just wanted to share a few of the silly moments.  ~~~~> This is one of the little girls (forgive me Janae, I still can't tell them apart unless I'm looking directly at their faces.  I'm sorry.  I love them like crazy just can't tell them apart very well) <~~~~This is my girls making our purchase at the Dairy Deal.  This is a MUST when making the drive to Salina for any reason.  I have never had the food there but the ice cream products they offer are out of this world (unless you are a dork like Britt and order dippin' dots...those are just weird) Be careful when ordering a large...they are way too large (especially if you on a diet.  :) ~~~~> Here we are agai

Wonderful waste of time

 I tried to warn you that I had so much to tell you... So We have been spending so much time at the hospital with my dad.  I mean we were all there for several days (now we are taking turns-he's doing well and we had to go back to work).  And you know how it is everyone brings something to keep them busy so that they can ward off boredom.  Well Val had been using one of those round loom things that you can knit hats and such.  She had made herself one and while there her knitting caught the attention of one of my nieces (Katie) and she wanted to know how to make one for herself.  So Val being excited to show someone sat down with her and gave her the loom and some yarn and helped her along.  That girl made her whole hat.  She loves it and wears it everywhere already.  Before we knew it Haleigh was in on learning to make hats.  They were having such a good time knitting away while visiting with their papa and all his company.  I mentioned to Val that maybe they could make some